“So every one of you who is present (at his home) during that month should spend it in fasting”
Over the past years, Ramadan, the month of goodness, blessing, mercy, and solidarity, has passed, and the needy displaced suffer from successive crises. They have experienced forced displacement, living a semi-destitute life that lacks food, water, and medicine. Because of the deteriorating security situation in the country, the number of these families is increasing year after year. Umutevi Charity aims to alleviate the suffering of the displaced and refugees, especially in the northern Syrian regions and the countryside of Aleppo; so, it launched Iftar and merciful tables campaign.This project is renewed annually.
About the Project
During the blessed month of Ramadan, Umutevi Charity distributed Iftar meals for several days, which included different meals to meet the needs of a possible number of needy families. This initiative will help these families to handle the challenging financial conditions and the economic crisis.
The charity has also distributed financial grants to families to fill the shortage in food needs and called them “Al-Ashir Gifts.”
This project has been launched since the foundation of the association in 2019 and has been considered an annual renewable seasonal project by the association.
Many Ramadan financial grants, with an average of 300, were provided, and these grants were named “Al-Ashir Awards” so that families could prepare for the happy Eid al-Fitr. On the other hand, Iftar meals were provided, and tables were set up for nearly 300 families. Through the project, the following activities were implemented:
- Iftar meal distribution campaign for five days in Al-Bab city; the meal included meat, Ayran, and dates.
- Iftar meal distribution campaign for five days in Afrin city; the plate included meat, Ayran, and dates. The displaced families in Afrin had around 150 meals per day.
- A collective Iftar table in Al-Bab.
- A group of Iftar tables in Afrin.
- Distributing the Al-Ashir gifts to 75 families in Al-Bab at a rate of 10,000 Syrian pounds per family.
- Distributing the Al-Ashir gifts to 74 families in Al-Bab at a rate of 10,000 Syrian pounds for each family.
- Distributing the Al-Ashir gift to 131 families in Afrin at a rate of 10,000 Syrian pounds per famil